Who is a scoliosis specialist?


Scoliosis is a structural defect in the spine that causes one or more vertebrae to twist, which can lead to abnormal spine curving. Scoliosis specialists are doctors who specialise in diagnosing and treating scoliosis. They can be an orthopaedic surgeon, spine surgeons, rehabilitative medicine specialist or primary care providers.

Scoliosis is a curvature of your spine. You may not even notice it when it’s mild, but moderate to severe scoliosis can cause pain and discomfort. If you’re experiencing these symptoms, see your doctor immediately. Your doctor will examine your back and take X-rays of your spine to determine if you have scoliosis.

Scoliosis can be treated by an orthopaedic surgeon, spine surgeon, rehabilitative medicine specialist or primary care provider.

You can have scoliosis treated by an orthopaedic surgeon, spine surgeon or rehabilitative medicine specialist.

Orthopaedic surgeons treat the spine and other parts of the body. They may recommend surgery if they think it’s necessary. Spine surgeons specialise in treating the spine and its supporting structures. They can perform surgeries to correct scoliosis and other spinal problems that are causing pain or disability. Rehabilitative medicine specialists treat pain and disability caused by medical conditions such as scoliosis; they don’t usually do surgery but work with other health professionals to help people recover from injury or disease so they can resume normal activities as quickly as possible. Primary care providers treat general health problems like colds and flu; they also care for people of all ages who aren’t sick enough for speciality services but still need some type of medical guidance.

Scoliosis specialists are to undergo fellowship training in spine surgery.

A scoliosis specialist is a physician who has undergone rigorous training in spine surgery, which includes scoliosis treatment procedures such as spinal fusion and instrumentation. These specialists have an advanced understanding of the spine and how to treat it. They may be able to provide a second opinion if you don’t feel confident with your doctor’s plan for treatment. They also understand what it takes to get good results from each type of procedure, so they can help you decide which treatment is best for you.

When to see a scoliosis specialist

The following are signs that you may need to see a scoliosis specialist:

  • A curve of more than 10 degrees. Your doctor can check this by taking x-rays or using a special electronic device called an X-Scan. A curve is measured in degrees and ranges from 0 degrees, which means there’s no curvature up to 180 degrees (the most severe curvature possible).
  • Worsening of your spine curvature. If you have had scoliosis since childhood and find that your spine is getting worse, talk with your doctor about whether it’s time to see an expert who can help you manage the condition throughout life.
  • Other health issues related to scoliosis (such as breathing problems). If you have other health problems related to scoliosis—such as difficulty breathing or frequent chest infections—it’s best for you not only to take care of these symptoms but also seek out treatment for this condition specifically so that it doesn’t interfere with other aspects of your well-being into adulthood and beyond.


Doctors specialising in the treatment of scoliosis are called “scoliosis specialists.” These doctors have undergone training to understand and treat conditions such as scoliosis. A scoliosis specialist should be able to help you understand your condition and develop a treatment plan that works for you, including surgery or other procedures.

As you can see, plenty of doctors specialise in scoliosis. If you’re looking for a scoliosis specialist, the best thing to do is ask your GP or another doctor they know who has experience with this condition. That way, they can recommend someone who will be able to give you the right treatment plan for your particular situation!

Leave a Reply

Back to top button